Where to from here?
Australia’s Modern Slavery Act
Watch the recording to learn more about the Australia’s Modern Slavery Act.
18 November 2021 – 11.00 AM AEDT
Modern slavery exists worldwide and has a devastating impact on individuals, businesses, and society as a whole.
Worldwide governments, consumers, investors and financiers are stepping up to address the issue and hold businesses to account. Adopting and implementing a program to manage modern slavery risk is now a necessary part of doing business.
At the end of the first year of modern slavery reporting in Australia, over 2,000 modern slavery statements have been lodged and uploaded to the modern slavery register, covering more than 4,400 reporting entities.
It is timely to reflect on the learnings of year one and determine what is required in year two and beyond. How do you move on from identifying your modern slavery risk and developing your risk framework to implementing your commitments and remediating specific risks identified?
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Head of Risk
Head of Internal
Controls and Risk
Linx Cargo Care Group
Date & Time
18 November 2021
11.00 AM AEDT
In this discussion you will learn:
- Key reporting trends and learnings from year one
- Where and how businesses can improve their reporting in the future
- How to identify and address modern slavery risks within your supply chain
- What do you do if you find risk in your supply chain?
- How do you prioritise remediation efforts?
- Where to from here? Practical steps for identifying and addressing modern slavery risks as you prepare your second Modern Slavery Statement
Can’t join? Don’t worry, register anyway
and we’ll send you the recording on demand.