(Photo: REUTERS/FADI AL-ASSAAD/FILES)
Harold Mayne-Nicholls, who led the teams which inspected bids to host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, has been banned from all football for seven years, FIFA’s ethics committee said on Monday.
World soccer’s governing body said Mayne-Nicholls, formerly head of the Chilean Football Federation, would not be able to take part in “any kind of football-related activity at national and international level” during that period.
FIFA, under investigation by U.S. and Swiss authorities for alleged corruption, including in connection with the awarding of World Cup hosting rights, did not give any details in its statement of why Mayne-Nicholls had been suspended.
The original article can be found at www.reuters.com