3RD ASIA PACIFIC ETHICS & COMPLIANCE SUMMIT
7 DECEMBER 2017, THURSDAY @ PARKROYAL ON PICKERING, SINGAPORE
Now entering its third year, the acclaimed Asia Pacific Ethics & Compliance Summit will continue to connect prominent stakeholders from public and private sectors via an engaging and pro-active dialogue designed to enhance standards of ethical conduct, transparency, integrity and anti-corruption compliance.
The consistent theme of the summit this year is on the evolution of compliance where we will examine how much progress has been achieved over the past 12 months and how the topic continues to change and develop, often with ensuing challenges for industry practitioners.
Over 400 senior business leaders, ethics, compliance, financial crime, risk management and legal professionals operating within public and private sectors will attend and hear from leading luminaries on how they are driving best practice and generating positive change within their respective organisations. No other event creates such a comprehensive conversation via an esteemed and eclectic line-up of speaker expertise. Industry agnostic it is complimentary to attend and strictly by invitation only.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Please note that registration for the 3rd Asia Pacific Ethics & Compliance Summit is now closed. For any enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Evolution of Anti-Corruption Compliance: Are you Making the Change?
Compliance, culture, conduct and risk management are not topics that stand still or wait for anyone. They are constantly evolving. It is therefore fundamental in the current age to be constantly improving internal infrastructure and policies to ensure your organisation is fully abreast of developments and fully compliant.
The underlying theme behind this year’s event focuses on the continual evolution of compliance: how the industry has responded to ongoing challenges, the impact of new regulations, how organisations have developed more mature and sophisticated and consistent approaches to compliance best practices. The programme will revisit selected topics from last year and reflect on the state of affairs 12 months on. Themes to be explored will include:
Opening Keynote Speech
Patrick Moulette – Head, Anti-Corruption Division, Directorate for Financial and Enterprise Affairs,
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Panel Discussion: Key themes of 2017 driving the ethics and anti-corruption agenda – the public sector perspective
- Significant cutting-edge developments organisations should be looking at
- Cross-regional collaboration and partnership
- Guidance and message to the private sector
- Letter to international fellow authorities and communities
- Dato’ P. Ganason – Deputy Commissioner, Corporate Anti-Corruption Compliance Centre (CACCC), Malaysian Anti-Corruption Academy (MACA)
- Aleu A. Amante – Assistant Ombudsman, Office of the Ombudsman, Republic of the Philippines
- Tan Sri Abu Kassim Mohamed – Member of the Board of Governors and Faculty Member at the International Anti-Corruption Academy, Austria and Chief Consultant at the Governance and Integrity Centre, MARA University of Technology, Malaysia
- Diego Garcia Gonzalez – Program Director, APEC Secretariat
- Elodie Beth – Programme Advisor, Governance and Peacebuilding, Bangkok Regional Hub, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Centre for Asia & the Pacific
- Leas Bachatene – Chief Executive Officer, ethiXbase (Moderator)
Panel Discussion: Key themes driving the ethics and anti-corruption agenda – the industry response
- Analysis of global standardisation requirements such as ISO 37001 – how essential is it?
- How can the highest standards of ethics and compliance translate to accelerating business?
- Compliance VS non-compliance – case studies shaping the future
- Key considerations when managing relationships with your third parties, anywhere in the world
- Patrick Moulette – Head, Anti-Corruption Division, Directorate for Financial and Enterprise Affairs, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Pahala Nainggolan – Deputy of Prevention, Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK), Republic of Indonesia
- Shuhairoz Mohamed Shukeri – KPI Officer to Minister of Governance, Integrity and Human Rights, Prime Minister’s Department Putrajaya, Malaysia
- Kyle Wombolt – Global Head – Corporate Crime and Investigations, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
- Owen M. Hawkes, Partner, Forensic, KPMG (Moderator)
Panel Discussion: Reframing compliance
- Moving the needle – ‘transferring’ your compliance standards and processes to third parties
- Is cybersecurity fully embedded in your compliance strategy? Where is the ownership?
- Have slavery and human trafficking made it into the compliance review process? What are the controls?
- Rethinking key areas to avoid reputational risk to your business
- The rise of the data protection officer – reality or myth?
- Kanishk Sharma – Chief Compliance Officer, GE Power APAC
- Vincent Qiu – Director, Compliance, Region Asia, Hapag-Lloyd AG
- Kristina Novakova – Program Manager, Anti-Slavery Investment Due Diligence Program, Liberty Asia
- Anthony Fernandez Jr – Director, GRC Consulting, APAC, ACL
- Kyle Wombolt – Global Head – Corporate Crime and Investigations, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP (Moderator)
Panel Discussion: The necessity and value of ethics and compliance in your supply chain
- Making ethics and compliance key when qualifying a new supplier – embedding ethics and values throughout the supply chain
- Developing supply chain compliance through an open view of your suppliers and sub-suppliers’ compliance framework – what if your supplier is not compliant with your standards?
- Measuring the effectiveness of compliance in your supply chain and demonstrating a competitive advantage
- Compliance ‘alerts’ – when is it time to review your supply chain’s compliance systems?
- David James – Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs Fiscal Crime Liaison / ASEAN Lead (Tax Evasion and Money Laundering), British High Commission, Singapore
- Nurirdzuana Ismail – Head (Integrity Risk Management), Office of the Chief Integrity Officer, PETRONAS
- Bernd Dudel – General Counsel and Head of Compliance, Asia Pacific, Siemens Healthineers
- Jane Niven – Global Client Governance Counsel, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Leas Bachatene, Chief Executive Officer, ethiXbase (Moderator)
Panel Discussion: Effective compliance risk management framework – making technology part of the same equation
- Technology is key to bringing efficiencies to the compliance process: true or false?
- Is technology progressing fast enough to meet key compliance challenges and requirements?
- What are the compliance demands to technology?
- Key technology and compliance priorities for ‘smarter’ compliance
- Dan Shea – Director, Compliance & Litigation, Asia Pacific, Japan and Australia, Microsoft
- Alexander Skrzynski – Lead Integrity & Compliance Specialist, International Finance Corporation (IFC), World Bank Group
- Chris Sykes – Director, Regional Head of AML, Sanctions & ABC – Asia, Prudential Corporation Asia
- Tan Beng Ti – Anti-Bribery and Corruption Attorney
- Leas Bachatene, Chief Executive Officer, ethiXbase (Moderator)
Panel Discussion: Identify-Consider-Act-Reflect on Ethical Issues
- How to analyse and evaluate ethical scenarios where there is not a clear “right” and “wrong” path?
- How to act on your values?
- Chris Newman, CFA – Director for Treasury and Control Function Risk, Asia Pacific, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Navneet Munot, CFA – Chief Investment Officer, SBI Funds Management Private Ltd
- Dr. Andrew Stotz, PhD, CFA – Chief Executive Officer, A. Stotz Investment Research
- Debbie Chua – Assistant Director, Examinations, The Institute of Banking & Finance Singapore
- Irene Cheung, CFA, CAIA, FRM – Director, Professional Standards, Ethics Education and Professional Standards, CFA Institute (Moderator)
Fireside Chat: Compliance Employment Trends
- Where are the signs? Is it a buyer or seller market?
- What do the most recent surveys suggest?
- Compliance and diversity: The metrics – is diversity on the board agenda?
- The psychology behind recruiting your future compliance team
- Christina Ng – Executive Director (Asia Pacific), LMA Recruitment, Singapore
- Tan Beng Ti – Anti-Bribery and Corruption Attorney (Moderator)
Closing Remarks & End of Summit
LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER BEFORE REGISTRATION CLOSES
The summit will attract over 400 senior business leaders, ethics, compliance, financial crime, risk management and legal professionals operating within public and private sectors. Industry agnostic it is complimentary to attend and strictly by invitation only.
Representatives wishing to attend from organisations recognised as service providers such as legal, consultancy, professional services, recruitment and vendor firms will be liable to a charge of US$395 per attendee. For more details and group concessions please contact Dawn Ng at email@example.com.
To register your interest to attend, simply complete the form below. Please note that your registration application will be reviewed and a confirmation email will be sent to you in due course should your seat be confirmed.
Tan Sri Abu Kassim Mohamed
Member of the Board of Governors and Faculty Member at the International Anti-Corruption Academy, Austria, and
Chief Consultant at the Governance and Integrity Centre, MARA University of Technology, Malaysia
OUR SUPPORTING PARTNERS
PAST SUMMIT HIGHLIGHTS
This section is a compilation of key highlights from the 2nd Asia Pacific Ethics & Compliance Summit held on November 18th 2016 in Singapore, including participant feedback and testimonials, a video summarising the day’s exciting events and interviews along with other useful resources.
Among the esteemed speaker line-up was Dr Julio Bacio Terracino from the Public Sector Integrity Division at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Republished in full is his keynote speech entitled ‘Cultivating Cultures of Integrity’, which can be viewed here.
Read on to learn more about other key takeaways from the summit and why the 3rd Asia Pacific Ethics & Compliance Summit is a not to be missed anti-corruption corruption event in Asia Pacific.
Watch our summit highlights video and hear from our summit speakers and participants!
WHY SPEAKERS AND PARTICIPANTS ARE RAVING ABOUT OUR SUMMIT
“This is the second summit from ethiXbase but there is nothing second rate about it at all. I thought it would be difficult to top their first summit but they did. Speakers were excellent and topics were most relevant and informative. Good mix of private and public sector participation at the summit. The summit is not a series of lectures, but rather, sharing of information. Fantastic.”
Principal Consultant, Consulting Industry
“10 out of 10!”
Legal Manager, Technology Industry
“The best summit in Asia Pacific. Looking forward to the 3rd summit with even more knowledge sharing.”
“The summit offered unparalleled insights into the perspective and concerns of compliance professionals across a myriad of industries. It was particularly exciting to get a glimpse into the mindset of regulators and the tips and tricks offered by speakers were extremely helpful and practical.”
Compliance Counsel, Hospitality Industry
“Keep up the great work! Great event where top leaders from the region and beyond provide their insights on an array of ethics, compliance & legal issues that affects all of us.”
Compliance Leader, Asia Pacific, Healthcare Industry
“Thanks to ethiXbase for bringing together a big group of ethics and compliance professionals from the public and private sectors. Generates good food for thought for our compliance program!”
Compliance Leader, Asia Pacific, Oil & Gas Industry