Leas Bachatene is a proven business leader with over 15 years of experience, having established and led commercial organisations in Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
Leas joined Complinet Group in 2004, a leading provider of compliance solutions for the financial services industry. He went on to found their operations in both the Middle East and Asia. Within 4 years of inception these operations contributed to over 15% of the group’s revenue.
Under Leas’ leadership, Complinet became the point of reference for the compliance community in the Middle East and Asia. This was achieved through a variety of strategic projects with regional regulators which helped to improve governance and compliance culture and best practices including the GCC Regulators’ Summit and the Pan-Asian Regulatory Summit.
Complinet was acquired by Thomson Reuters in 2010 to form the cornerstone of their Governance, Risk and Compliance business. Following the acquisition Leas served as Managing Director of Thomson Reuters’ GRC division in Asia Pacific where the business saw double digit growth year-on-year during his five-year tenure. During this period Leas spear headed the acquisition of a major e-learning provider and was key to the successful integration of the GRC businesses with the broader Financial and Risk division.
Prior to joining Complinet Leas led various commercial divisions within the publishing industry for Informa Group and eFinancialnews.com in London.
Leas holds a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, a High Diploma in Marketing and a Master’s in Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
Chang Hong Yun
Hong Yun has over 21 years of legal practice with particular emphasis on banking and finance, real estate, corporate and commercial, mergers, acquisitions, competition laws and personal data protection.
He works very closely with both local and foreign companies, including banksand financial institutions. He is also notable for his extensive experience in providing legal advice on foreign investment and acting for venture capital and private equity.
Hong Yun has been named the Leading Individual in Banking & Finance by The Legal 500.
Hong Yun graduated from Monash University, Australia with double degrees in the Bachelor of Science and the Bachelor of Law. He was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria in 1991 and as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 1993.
Hong Yun has been very actively involved in providing trainings and seminars.He has also been conducting courses in areas relating to banking, property, security, mergers, acquisitions, competition law and personal data protection.
He is also a member of numerous associations and chambers of commerce in Malaysia. He is also a member of the Disciplinary Committee for the Advocates and SolicitorsDisciplinary Board of Malaysia.
He is a regular contributor to the Malaysian chapter for the World Bank on ‘Starting a Business in Malaysia’. He is also the co-author for the Malaysian chapter of the publication “Mergers & Acquisitions” by Global Legal Insights.
Stewart James Forbes
Stewart Forbes is the Executive Director of the Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce & Industry (MICCI). A shipbroker by profession, Mr. Forbes has had some 45 years business experience in Asia of which more than 32 years experience has been in Malaysia.
Mr. Forbes was involved in the development of container services for British shipowners in the Far East during the late 1960s and early 1970s. He served as Vice Chairman of the International Shipowners Association, Malaysia for 6 years and is a past Chairman of the MICCI Perak Branch.
Mr. Forbes was instrumental in the establishment of the Coalition of Services Industries Malaysia (CSIM) in 2007 by MICCI and represents CSIM within the Global Services Coalition.
Mr. Forbes is a graduate of the London Institute of Transport. He has been actively involved in the Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce & Industry for over 25 years and has been its Executive Director since the year 2000.
Kok Kek Hoe
Koh Kek Hoe heads the Knowledge Department at Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill. He joined the firm as a partner in 2006. Prior to that, he was the senior partner of another law firm from 1986 to 2006. He did his pupillage with Messrs Ince & Co, London and with Messrs Allen & Gledhill, Kuala Lumpur.
- LLB (Hons), London 1978
- LLM, London 1979
- Barrister, Gray’s Inn, England & Wales
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
- Has participated in various seminars and done presentations on knowledge management and the use of technology for legal practice
- Instructor of basic legal skills training for pupils and new associates of Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill
- Supervised writing of Legal Guide to Debt Recovery Malaysia (2nd Ed) published by CCH (2008)
- Regional supervisor and refresher course trainer for the Malaysian National Service training program (character building component), (2003-04)
- English-Malay translation of training manuals for the Malaysian National Service training program (character building component), 2002
- Consultant on the Electronic Lawyer Project of the Legal Department, Bank Negara Malaysia, 1999 to date
- Instructor for courses on knowledge management with InfoMap (1998-99) for Jabatan Pengairan & Saliran, Bank Negara Malaysia
- Instructor for course on Practical Research Skills in Malaysian Law, conducted for the Legal Department, Bank Negara Malaysia (1998)
- Publisher and editor of LegalAlert!, a monthly index of Malaysian case law and Federal legislation and subsidiary legislation (1997-99)
- Instructor for course on practical research skills in Malaysian law (1997)
- Contributor of Companies Winding-Up for the Malaysian Court Forms (a loose-leaf legal publication by MLJ Butterworths, 1996)
- Technical consultant for InfoAlert!, a bi-monthly current awareness bulletin published by the Bar Council Library (1996)
- Independent director of Comintel Berhad
- Member of the Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing Task Force of the Malaysian Bar Council (2004-07)
- Member of and IT consultant to the Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee (2000-01)
- Honorary Treasurer, Institut Kelautan Malaysia (IKMAL) (1997-98)
- Member, Library Committee, Bar Council (1996-98)
- Member, Information Technology Committee, Bar Council (1996-97)
Mr. Rajan Mittal has been the Chief Executive Officer and President of Metrod Holdings Berhad since July 1, 2013. Mr. Mittal has been the Chief Financial Officer of Metrod Holdings Berhad since August 29, 2013. He serves as the Chief Financial Officer of the Metrod Group. He served as the President of Finance at Metrod Holdings Berhad (Metrod Malaysia Bhd).
He joined Metrod (Malaysia) Berhad in 1995. He has since held several responsibilities in Human Resources, IT and
Chin Cheen Foong
CHIN CHEEN FONG is currently the Head of Internal Audit of AIA Bhd. and also lead the audit activities of AIA PUBLIC Takaful Bhd., AIA Pension and Asset Management S/B, AIA Health Service S/B and AIA Shared Services S/B. Her experience in the internal auditing profession spans over 20 years, both in the banks as well as in the insurance industry. She is a Chartered Accountant, member of MIA and an Associate member of the Institute of the Internal Auditors.
Chuah Yean Ping
Chuah Yean Ping is the Head of Corporate Compliance and Governance at Sime Darby Berhad, based in the Group Head Office in KL. Ms Chuah is a UK qualified lawyer, prior to embarking the legal fraternity in Lincolns Inn UK. Ms Chuah was previously part of the corporate banking legal practice at Shook Lin & Bok, where she acted for financial institutions across the region. Ms Chuah spent most of her career in the Sime Darby Group, as in-house counsel, with extensive experience in oil & gas as well as construction projects. Her team conducts multi-jurisdictional compliance activities, including regulatory and anti-corruption, by the Sime Darby Group across its footprint.